Refined: Clarifying Red Wine Mask
BUFF & CLEAR
Is your skin prone to congestion, breakouts, excess shine, or dry, rough and flaky skin? Feel confidently clearer, buffed and smoother instead.
Our award-finalist, alcohol-free red wine formula (pregnancy and breastfeeding-friendly) is designed to draw out impurities and pollutants for clearer pores, minimise excess oil and shine that causes blackheads, reduce the appearance of breakouts, polish dead skin cells that cause flaky skin and protect skin from environmental aggressors for an overall refined, smooth and glowing complexion.
It's a self-heating clay mask (or spot treatment) that leaves your skin clearer, buffed and smoother as if you've just had a microdermabrasion - without the salon appointment!
- Size: 60mL/2.02fl. oz glass jar
- Stunning natural scent featuring a 0.1% blend of vanilla, sweet orange and clove essential oils for a subtle aroma
- Award-finalist, fast drying and self-heating clay formula
- Natural, vegan, cruelty-free and pregnancy-friendly
- Long-lasting (approximately 60 standard uses)
Did you know that as we age our natural skin renewal process slows down? Combine that with enlarged pores, a decrease in collagen production, exposure to environmental aggressors, lifestyle factors, the wrong skincare and use of daily makeup, and suddenly your skin can become over-oily, congested, dry, flaky or dehydrated resulting in premature ageing, loss of elasticity, dullness and breakouts. When our skin is dehydrated, it often produces more oil to compensate further exacerbating the cycle - which means a clarifying solution that doesn't dry the skin is a must. By clarifying pores, polishing dead skin cells and promoting circulation too, the skin's ability to absorb other treatments, serums and ingredients is overall increased.
Specifically formulated to draw out impurities, minimise excess oil, polish dead skin cells and protect from environmental aggressors too, Refined provides the following benefits:
Clarify with Halloysite Clay
Sourced from Matauri Bay in New Zealand, halloysite clay assists to clarify skin and carry oxygen - a boost of circulation means that the skin receives a higher amount of nutrients and oxygen for brighter, glowing skin.
Absorb impurities with Kaolin
Kaolin works deep within the skin to absorb impurities that lead to congestion and the likes of blackheads.
Reduce the appearance of breakouts with Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir Grape Extract
Sauvignon blanc and pinot noir grape extract worth together to even out skin tone, cleanse pores, combat the appearance of breakouts and protect the skin from environmental damage too.
Reduce excess oil with Bentonite
Bentonite assists to remove excess oil from the skin's surface to clarify pores and reduce the formation of blackheads and breakouts.
Boost circulation to clarify with Zeolite
Containing volcanic minerals which have a high negative charge, zeolite has high absorptive properties that clarify skin. Upon contact with water, zeolite releases energy called an exothermic reaction (the heat you feel on your skin) which assists to stimulate blood circulation, clarify pores of excess oil and impurities that often lead to the formation of blackheads and breakouts. The self-heating thermal process causes blood vessels to dilate and boosts blood circulation for an overall deeper clean.
Prix de Marie Claire Beauty Awards - Finalist: Natural 2020
View our awards
Refined is a self-heating mask that stimulates blood flow and causes a tingling sensation while it works to open pores and draw out impurities. After cleansing, you may wish to use Refined in one of the following ways:
- Whole of face, semi-diluted: Semi-dilute Refined with water in the palm of your hand prior to applying a thin layer to already moistened skin
- Whole of face, undiluted: Apply a thin layer to already moistened skin if you are tolerable to the heat sensation
- Spot treatment: Apply Refined to spots and blemishes only
- Congested areas: Apply a thin layer to congested areas only (such as the nose and chin) to already moistened skin
Leave on for 5 minutes, or until completely dry, before removing. Avoid eye area.
For optimal results, use once a week.
TIP: The heat sensation occurs while the mask transitions from wet to dry. Therefore, the thinner the mask is applied, the faster the mask dries and the heat sensation is shorter-lived. The thicker the mask is applied, the longer the mask takes to dry and the heat sensation is extended.
- Warming or tingling sensation: This self-heating thermal formula may generate a warming, cooling or tingling sensation as a result of the active ingredients working. On contact with water, the clay releases energy known as an exothermic reaction - this is intended (the heat that you feel on your skin while the mask transitions from wet to dry)
- Flushed skin: Your skin may appear flushed for a short period of time due to the warmth and this is typical
Follow directions: Please read directions on how to use this multi-use mask. Apply a sparse, thin layer to already moistened skin. Avoid eye area
Cleanse – Exfoliate – Mask (as required) – Tone – Serum – Eyes – Moisturiser – Retinol – Facial Oil
Follow our suggested RAWKANVAS routine
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Halloysite (New Zealand Clay), Zeolite, Kaolin (Australian Clay), Quartz, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate*, Glyceryl Undecylenate*, Betaine, Bentonite, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root Powder*, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Solanum Aviculare (Kangaroo Apple) Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Roselle) Flower, Macropiper Excelsum (Kawakawa) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vegetable Derived), Monascus Purpureus (Red Yeast Rice) Extract, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon Bark) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, p-Anisic Acid, Citric Acid
*Denotes organic ingredients.
NOTE: Sweet orange is extracted and formulated to have no photosensitising effects.
Learn more about our natural, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients
Designed to enhance your confidence and backed by science, our innovative blends deliver high-quality natural, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients all brought to life with aromatic natural scents and beautiful natural colours.
- Award-winning: Our collection includes award-winning products spanning three years running, so you can be confident in your skincare journey.
- Natural and vegan ingredients: Backed by science, nature has some of the gentlest, yet powerful ingredients you can find. We've harvested these to create highly effective natural, vegan and cruelty-free products to nourish and improve the appearance of your skin. Coloured and scented from plants and flowers, our collection showcases stunning hues and aromas straight from nature to your beauty bar. Natural products vary in colour, texture and scent from batch to batch. While the ingredients and formula remain completely unchanged, natural colours and natural scents can very depending on the season the ingredients were grown and harvested. You’ll always know that each batch is fresh and unique!
- Cruelty-free: Free from animal products and animal testing, our products are vegan and cruelty-free with natural ingredients that are locally sourced using sustainable practices. We test on real people. Animals have no business in beauty.
- Handcrafted in Australia: Handcrafted in boutique batches locally in Australia, every batch is lovingly poured while supporting human jobs and environmental sustainability.
Learn more about RAWKANVAS
We want people to feel at home in their skin, while we care for our home on this earth. This earth produces the ingredients that so beautifully care for our skin, and it is our responsibility to help nourish the earth that so generously nourishes us.
That’s why we have carefully selected recyclable glass packaging, recycled print materials for our postage and product boxes, and compostable starch fill within our postage boxes too, while also running our in-house recycling program RAWCYCLE. This ensures that RAWKANVAS reduces unnecessary emissions in the beauty world all the while giving packaging a new life, time and time again.
Learn more about our commitment to sustainability
Learn more about our recycling program RAWCYCLE
Storage & Care
- Unopened: We recommend a shelf life of 18 months
- Opened: We recommend that products are used within 6 months once opened to ensure the highest possible quality is maintained
We use natural preservatives to keep our products in their freshest and most active form.
Caution: For cosmetic use only. In the rare event of irritation, discontinue use. Store below 30°C/86°F, away from direct sunlight, humidity and moisture. External use only. Keep out of reach of children. Follow directions for use. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test to ensure skin compatibility.
If there’s one thing we know, it’s that your skincare journey is as unique as your skin itself. So, if you don’t feel like you’re on the right journey, we are happy to help you find your way.
We offer a store credit, exchange or refund on any unused and unopened items purchased from RAWKANVAS within 14 days of receiving the items. Just get into contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can explore your options with you.
Learn more about our returns policy
- Australia: We offer FREE shipping within Australia when you spend $35 or more
- International: We offer FREE worldwide shipping on orders over a certain spend*. Find the value for your country via the link below
Learn more about our free shipping