The Aboriginal Dreamtime describes how the world and all of life began, speaking of the strong connection between people, plants, animals, the earth and the spirit world. The rich and diverse history of native botanical knowledge has been passed on from generation to generation of Aboriginal people for thousands of years. Today, Australian botanicals are the life force behind RAWKANVAS!
We care about the purity of our skincare. We didn’t scour the globe for the world’s most powerful natural skincare ingredients, we found them right here in our home on Australian shores. Our RAWKANVAS skincare collection is crafted with native Australian plants such as berries, nuts, roots, leaves and seeds. This indigenous flora packs a powerful punch with high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and other nutrients essential for the nourishment, protection and regeneration of skin cells.
Here’s our FAVOURITE native Australian botanicals:
1. KAKADU PLUM: VITAMIN C, ELASTICITY, COLLAGEN, REPAIRS UV DAMAGE, REDUCES PIGMENTATION
Collagen regenerating: Containing the world’s highest source of Vitamin C, 100 times that of an orange, assists to slow down the ageing process, by forming an amino acid called proline which stimulated the production collagen. Delaying wrinkles, the Vitamin C improves skin texture, reduces skin damage caused by free radicals and protects skin against UV damage.
Brightening and improved elasticity: Kakadu Plum is also rich in ellagic acid which encourages skin elasticity, suppleness in aged skin, reduces pigmentation and helps stop the breakdown of collagen.
Anti-inflammatory: Kakadu Plum contains gallic acid which is known for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal It assists in reducing redness and inflamed skin conditions.
2. LEMON ASPEN: COLLAGEN BOOSTING, REDUCES PIGMENTATION, REDUCES FINE LINES, REDUCES DARK CIRCLES
Anti-ageing: Terpenoids found in Lemon Aspen are a potent ingredient to assist in the fight against wrinkles and fine lines. Glycosides also found in Lemon Aspen simulate the growth of collagen in the skin reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Whitening and brightening: Terpenoids have the benefit of reducing hyperpigmentation and promoting skin whitening.
Collagen support: Flavonoid glycosides present in Lemon Aspen are effective in combating the free radicals that damage the skin. Working synergistically with Vitamin C, it intensifies the antioxidant activity of Vitamin C stimulating collagen production and strengthening capillaries. By strengthening the capillaries in the delicate skin under the eye, it reduces the dark circles and puffiness.
3. JOJOBA OIL: REGENERATIVE, CLEARING, HYDRATING
- Regenerates skin: Naturally rich in Vitamins A, D and E, this gentle oil works to regenerate skin cells. It also contains fatty acids Omega 6 and 9, as well as Docosanol, which are antiviral and work to repair damaged skin cells. Blended with antioxidants that fight premature ageing, jojoba oil helps to brighten dull skin by providing essential moisture, allowing the skin to regenerate and rejuvenate.
- Clearing irritated skin: Jojoba oil works to counteract acne formation. It acts as a deep cleanser by penetrating deep into the hair follicle and dissolving the sebum deposits, thus clearing out pores. The oil also has antibacterial properties that help control bacterial growth, acting as an anti-inflammatory agent, soothing irritated skin.
- Deeply hydrating: Jojoba oil is easily absorbed into skin and deeply penetrates to soothe and soften. The oil provides substantial long-acting, skin hydration and adds a healthy glow.
Found in: Sol: Hydrating Gel Moisturiser, Canvas: Resurfacing AHA & BHA Treatment, Luna Vitality: Restoring Moisture Cream, Yester Youth: Regenerating Facial Oil, The Foundation: Flawless Retinol & Vitamin C Lotion
4. DAVIDSON PLUM: COLLAGEN BOOSTING, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, ANTI-AGeING
Assists to reduce wrinkles: High in antioxidants (even higher than blueberries), Davidson Plum rich in vitamins and fruit acids. It contains anthocyanin, a flavonoid which assists in the improved appearance of fine line and wrinkles as well as the elimination of free radicals. It reduces UV damage to skin and promotes skin elasticity through the enhanced production of collagen and elastin.
Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant: Anthocyanin also has anti-inflammatory properties and behaves like an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) on the skin. It contains phenolic acids, which has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
Collagen Support: Flavonoid glycosides present in Davidson Plum are effective in combating the free radicals that damage the skin. Working synergistically with Vitamin C, it intensifies the antioxidant activity of Vitamin C stimulating collagen production and strengthening capillaries. By strengthening the capillaries in the delicate skin under the eye, it reduces the dark circles and puffiness.
Which is your favourite Australian native skincare ingredient?